Fortinet Secure SD-Branch & Secure Access
Fortinet Secure SD-Branch
The Fortinet Secure SD-Branch solution consolidates the management of SD-WAN, firewalls switches, and APs into a single solution. This lets distributed organizations reduce complexity, lower costs, and enable security at the WAN and access edge.
With Fortinet Secure SD-Branch:
- Security-driven networking ensures top security and performance at the access layer, unifying WAN and LAN environments.
- Global policies are enforced at the WAN edge, at the branch access edge, and across all endpoint devices (including IoT).
- Automated discovery, classification, and security of IoT devices is enabled, along with anomaly detection and remediation.
- Zero-touch provisioning enables distributed organizations to scale rapidly. New offices gain agility without the need for IoT experts at each location.
- Centralized management reduces the need for onsite resources, lowering TCO.
- Does not require a license for Secure SD-Branch. Like Secure SD-WAN, access management is included in FortiOS.
- Provides fully-integrated NGFW security, unlike most SD-Branch vendors.
Fortinet Secure Remote Access
Furthermore, the Fortinet Secure Access solution reduces complexity while enabling security and lowering costs at the access edge. Secure Access leverages Security Driven Networking to extend the Fortinet Security Fabric to the access layer, converging security and network access into an integrated platform. This convergence increases security while reducing complexity, lowering cost, and improving performance at the edges of the network. FortiSwitch and FortiAP integrate with FortiGate as extensions of the NGFW through FortiLink. FortiLink enables you to configure, manage, and troubleshoot all aspects of your network through the FortiGate NGFW. The same level of security is extended down to the Ethernet ports and wireless LANs without additional licenses or fees. This architecture scales, allowing for future growth.
- Fortinet Secure Access simplifies operations and eliminates silos. Convergence of the security and access layers (wired and wireless), consolidates management, reduces risk, and increases agility
- With Fortinet, network access and security capabilities are managed together via a single pane of glass. Simplified protection and monitoring extend throughout the network for seamless security.
- Fortinet reduces the cost of access equipment management by reducing the number of disparate vendor products that need to be managed and eliminating unnecessary licenses. This offers several financial benefits including lower licensing and support complexity, which in turn lower operating expenses and overall total cost of ownership (TCO).
The ability to securely support a remote workforce is an essential component of any organization’s business continuity and disaster recovery plan. An organization may be incapable of sustaining normal operations onsite, due to a power outage or similar event, or illness or flooding may make it unsafe for employees to travel onsite.
In these scenarios, an organization must be capable of supporting secure, remote connectivity to the corporate network. For over 400,000 Fortinet customers, their existing technology deployment already contains this functionality. FortiGate NGFWs have integrated support for IPsec VPNs, enabling secure connectivity for employees working from alternate work sites.